Thursday, July 1, 2010

BTT: Disappointment

Name a book or author that you truly wanted to love but left you disappointed. (And, of course, explain why.)


A little while ago, I read The Alchemyst by Michael Scott. I don't know why I didn't review it. It's possible I read it before I had even started the blog. The timing is a little fuzzy. Anyhow, I expected it to be really good. The series is doing well in the Y/A Fantasy genre, but for me, it was a bust. I didn't necessarily dislike it, but I found myself struggling to finish it, get hooked on the story. I wasn't breezing through it like I expected to. I've put off buying the sequels because I just wasn't blown away by the first volume. However, it looks like the new ones may find their way into my TBR pile. I've heard good things about them, and, am willing to give the series another shot.

You can find Booking Through Thursday here!

No comments:

Post a Comment